You are the potter I am the clay Mold me and make me This is what I pray

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Vacation is over :(

I always have the best of intentions on writing on here, but I never find the time.  My wife has been on a cleaning spree lately and she was cleaning out one of our spare rooms today and I was outside mowing grass and I got really thirsty so I came in to get a bottle of water and saw tears running down her eyes and I saw her reading a journal I used to actually write in instead of type.  I told her she needed to quit reading my private journal. haha.  Anyway, that's why I am on here now. 

We just got home from Myrtle Beach and just like all vacations, I am sad to be back home.  We were there for 6 days and 5 nights and didn't do much but lie on the beach, but I had a blast.  I was able to play in the ocean for a while and then come back to my chair and read.  I love love love to read a good book.  Thanks to Erin Crouch for recommending one of the books I read there, "The Maze Runner" which started out a little slow I thought, but surprised me.  I also found out that book 2 of the trilogy is already out and I'll be picking it up at the library as soon as possible. 



We went to the Dixie Stampede while we were at the beach of course the chicken was excellent.  We also ate at Nakato Japanese restaurant and the River City Cafe and a few others places, but these are the ones that stand out.  We also played a put-put, which is predictable, and walked around barefoot landing and Broadway at the Beach.  We watched Toy Story 3 in the IMAX theater and not only was the screen amazing, the movie was even better and it brought tears to my eyes. 

Well, it's time to watch our newest Netflix delivery.  It's another one that Amanda picked out so I am not that excited about it, but it might be okay.  I think the name of it is "Leap Year."

I'll post a few pics of our beach trip below.







1 comment:

What is my middle name?

Followers

About Me

My photo
Charleston, WV, United States
I believe in Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, Amanda. I am an open book.