You are the potter I am the clay Mold me and make me This is what I pray

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Update on Me.

It's been 2.5 years since I've written anything about me.  God blessed Amanda and I with Baylie when I stopped writing in here and I started writing letters to her on tobayliewithlove.blogspot.com.  
I need to take more time to write about myself.  Don't get me wrong, Baylie is my whole world, but I need to write about what's going on with me personally sometimes too.

I don't even know where to begin.  I still work as a branch manager at Huntington bank and I love my job.  It's just like any other job though and has it's moments, but it helps provide for my family and I couldn't ask for anything more. I recently changed branches - my first few years at Huntington were spent at our Southridge branch and now I am managing the downtown branch.  It has its advantages and disadvantages.  I was so used to my customers at the other branch and I have to start all over, but it's a lot closer to home and there are no Saturdays downtown so that's nice.  I also like the downtown environment.  I think it's all going to work out for the best in the end.

Amanda and I will be married 8 years this summer.  We still live in our same house in Charleston and still have Rusty.  He's our baby boy.  Baylie and Rusty are very jealous of each other and it's so cute.  Baylie doesn't want Rusty to look at her or play with her toys or sit on her blanket or numerous other things and if we show Baylie too much attention, Rusty will come and nudge us with his nose to let us know that he's there.  Amanda is a stay at home mom now.  She decided after Baylie was close to a year old that she was going to stay at home with her.  I think it's one of the best decisions we've ever made.  Amanda sacrificed a lot, but i'm pretty sure she's content with the decision she made.  

I want to give an update on what's going on around here now, too.  Recently, freedom industries had a chemical spill into the Elk River and it go into WV American Water's treatment facility so a DO NOT USE alert went out to 9 counties including Kanawha and Boone.  It just ended on Thursday so we were without running water for a week.  We could use it to flush the toilet, but that's all.  Many people are still scared to use the water for anything so they aren't ingesting it at all.  The CDC actually said that pregnant women shouldn't ingest it at all.  Amanda and I are not using it to drink or cook.  We are bathing in it, but that concerns us some.  So far we haven't had any issues, thank the Lord.  We are washing dishes in it as well, because using bottled water for that was becoming cumbersome.  We are drinking and cooking with bottled water and Rusty is only drinking bottled water as well.  

I think that's a pretty good update on what's going on with me for now.  I'm getting ready to run out to the store to get some milk and a few things and have a lunch with a friend.  Amanda and Baylie are sitting at the table playing with play dough and Baylie is getting mad at mommy for not doing it how she wants it done.  I couldn't ask for a better life! Thank you Lord for your blessings on my family even when we don't deserve them.

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is my middle name?

Followers

About Me

My photo
Charleston, WV, United States
I believe in Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, Amanda. I am an open book.